The novelty is wearing off. Are we there yet? <insert more apathetic and impatient complaints>
The closer we get to the east coast, the grayer the skies get, and the more it starts to feel like home.
I’ve got 6% battery life left on the laptop and an awful Internet connection. Setting the record for my fastest blog post written… and GO!
Game 4 Day Plan:
Drive drive drive! We hoped to make it to Pennsylvania, but settled for just outside the border in St. Clairsville, Ohio.
The Daily Questionnaire
1) Best part of the day: Bravo was available on TV in the hotel room for the first time on the trip. Woo! The 3 hour nap in the car today wasn’t half bad, either.
2) Worst: Watching my mom get emotional at breakfast while watching the news about the Sandyhook tragedy.
3) How many states?: 4- Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio
4) How many miles driven? 568 miles.
5) Any special food? Unfortunately no special food to report today, unless a mooshy apple and an English muffin at the hotel count.
6) Most surprising thing I learned/saw today: People in Indiana are referred to as “Hoosiers”.
Are you bored yet?
7) Something funny: The heinous picture mom took of me napping this morning.
8) How many times did we stop? 3 times
9) Gas prices in each gas fill up location: Pacific, MO $2.79 and $3.05 in Greenfield, IN
10) People we talked to other than each other: The two ladies at the hotel who checked us in tonight.
11) What we listened to:
Joy the baker podcast with guest T Flo (Tyler Florence). Finally it makes sense why they say “T Flo” in the outro song!
John Mayer. Judge not.
105.7 the Point morning show. The hosts were complaining about kids for the majority of the show, and referred to them as “dicks” and “pricks” multiple times. Since when are you allowed to say that on the radio? Mom & I were shocked, and decided to see what was up.
@mmstll 1) Are most of them not? 2) Theres nothing on the books that says you can’t.
— Woody and Rizzuto (@war1057) December 18, 2012
Their reply wasn’t worth my energy to respond, but I will say that I’m pretty sure there are 20 parents in Connecticut right now that would argue that their children weren’t pricks. Bad timing, guys.
12) How many hours each person drove: Mom 8:00am – 12:30pm. Emma 1:00pm – 6:30pm
13) Any animal spottings?: Cows, pigs, 8 hawks.
14) Temperature at 10am in each location: 30º in Pacific, MO
We’re heading into Philly tomorrow to do some exploring and potentially look at some apartments – yay! I’ll ask again, are we there yet?